Arthritis: Overview, Causes & Home Remedies
Arthritis is one of the most prevalent diseases in the world, arthritis affects millions of people around the world, solely India sees a million cases every year. According to the report of WHO, in India, more than 180 million (18 crores) people are living with arthritis went to the doctor to treat it. The new estimates of the report say that 1 out of 3 people with the age of 18 years to 64 years in the world have arthritis. Arthritis badly impacts the movement of the person. Chances of arthritis increase as the age of the person increases. Arthritis is most prevalent among senior citizens and people of higher age but sometimes arthritis affects young people as well.
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a severe disease that affects mainly the joints of the body and becomes more worsen gradually. Arthritis affects the various parts of the body including the knee, hips, feet, and spine. Arthritis creates inflammation, swelling, and friction between the joints. These changes in the joints generate severe pain while walking and moving.
Types of Arthritis are-
There are mainly 5 types of arteries-
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
What are the symptoms of arthritis?
Symptoms of arthritis vary on the type of arthritis, but common symptoms may include-
- Pain on knees, hips, spine, and feet
- Swelling around the pain area
- Redness around the pain area
- Disability to move far
What are the causes of arthritis?
- Obesity and overweight
- Weak muscle
- New or old injuries
- Autoimmune disorder
- Hereditary or family history
- Increasing age
- Overuse of legs affects joints
What complications arthritis can create?
- Heart problems
- Lung diseases
- Walking issues
- Permanent damage of joints
- Skin problems
- Eyes related problems
- Blood vessel
- Fatigue and fever
Dos and don’ts in arthritis-
- Avoid eating unhealthy and junk food
- Treat your injuries timely
- Keep your immune strong
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking
- Keep your joints moving and active
- Stretch your body
- Exercises and yoga are a must
- Avoid food high in salt
- Do not consume red meat
- Change your oil with olive oil
Home remedy for arthritis
- 20-25 neem leaves
- 2 tablespoons of papaya seed
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon lemon sap
Step 1: Crush the neem leaves properly with the use of a pestle or mortar.
Step 2: Boil the water alone for 5 minutes
Step 3: After boiling water alone for 5 minutes, add crushed neem leaves and papaya seed on it, and boil it till it becomes half of its initial quantity.
Step 4: Strain the liquid and properly mix a spoon of lemon sap into it
Instruction: After completing all the steps mentioned above, drink half of this mixture in the morning and the remaining half in the evening on an empty stomach for 1-2 months.
What to eat in arthritis?
- Start consuming ginger and black pepper mixed food or drink, like juices and tea.
- Take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar regularly with any juices.
- Eat the food that contains fenugreek and ajwain (carom seed)
- Drink turmeric milk (Haldi Dudh) daily
- Consume ashwagandha and giloy juices regularly
5 tips for arthritis-
- Massage the affected area with cinnamon oil
- Apply the cold pack on the affected area if arthritis is at its initial stage
- Warm application for chronic arthritis is really helpful
- Exercise and yoga are must to cure arthritis
- Eat healthy food and avoid eating junk foods