Eye Problems & Care: Prevention and Home Remedies
According to the report released by WHO 220 crores (2.2 billion) people in the world suffering from eye problems and visual impairment. This data shows how severe this problem is becoming, and in India, almost half of the Indian population around 56 crores (560 million) people are suffering from eye and vision problems. Eye problem mostly occurs in people the age of more than 60, but it has been seen that the high usage of mobile phones, TV, and other watchable accessories among youth is devasting their eye vision and increasing the problems drastically. Due to the high usage of cell phones, 2 out of 3 people suffers eye strain. Excessive usage of the cell phone can lead to blurred vision, sore eyes, dry eyes, and headaches.
The symptoms that are associated with eye problems are-
- Eye pain
- Blurriness in vision
- Floaters around vision
- Teary eyes
- Pink and red eyes
- Sudden loss of vision
- Burning eyes
- Irritation and itching in the eye
If a person experiencing any of the problems mentioned above is suffering from some kind of eye problem.
Causes of Eye Problem
- Excessive use of cell phones
- Bad environmental or pollution
- Less blinking
- Eye infection
- Deficiency of vitamins
- UV rays
- Increasing age
- Birth problem
What are the complications of eye problems?
Eyes are the most precious gift of God to us and the most sensitive and useful organ of our body. A tiny eye problem can lead us to severe eye problems and ignorance of any symptom can lead us to permanent blindness. Symptoms a person can face are already written above. The complications a person can face due to eye problems are-
- Night blindness
- Dry eye syndrome
- Conjunctivitis (Pink eye or red eye)
- Refractive errors in vision
Dos and Don’ts to increase eye vision
- Do not use cell phone 1 hour before sleep
- Good sleep for minimum 7hrs to 8hrs is a must
- Stop excessive usage of cell phones and televisions
- Apply saliva around the eyes after waking
- Massage the sole of feet and toes
- Blink your eyes while using your phone and laptops and take breaks
- Walk on the green grass every morning
- Eye exercise daily in the morning.
- Wash your eyelids daily with baby soap or shampoo.
- Do not walk on a hard and hot surface
- Drop 2 drops of goat milk in the eye.
- Consume at least 5 litres of water daily
- Wear specs while going to the pollute area
- Wear sunglasses during sun exposure
- Wash your hands before contacting it to the eyes
- Warm compress to the eye if eyes are dry.
- Consume 2-3 walnuts daily
- Maintain a minimum 25cm distance while reading the book and using the cell phone
- Consume citrus fruits like lemon, oranges, and grapes
- Eat vitamin-E rich fruits and food
- Flaxseed, chia seed, and hemp seed also helps to improve
- Eat green leaves vegetables, fish, egg, and carrots.
- Taratak kriya helps to improve eye vision and cures many eye disorders.